Kids Insights team attended Brand Licensing Europe 2019. Brand Licensing Europe is the only pan-European event dedicated to licensing and brand extension, bringing together 280+ leading brand owners with 7,500+ retailers, licensees and manufacturers for three days of deal-making, networking and trend spotting.
BLE is a must-attend event for anyone looking to discover and secure deals with the hottest brands, characters and images available for licensing.
During BLE 2019, Nick Richardson, CEO of Kids Insights gave two big session on kids digitalisation, content preferences and YouTubers impact on the retail world.
Providing a detailed understanding of kids online behaviour by day and time, Nick presented which platforms are successful in engaging kids.
Kids Insight study shows that children have the ability to access almost limitless content on their desired interests, meaning that their own individual microsystems are becoming more concentrated on their favourite things, which ultimately means they are becoming disconnected from the wider ecosystem.
Top 5 Key Stats To Know:
- Children aged 3-12 spend 63.9 hours per year on digital entertainment – on the internet, social media and playing video games and apps.
- The average child in the UK gets their own mobile phone by age 10.
- Children spend a total of £1.94bn per year on new tech, including consoles, gadgets and drones.
- Our data highlights how YouTube is the platform of choice for keeping up to date with TV shows, with 40% of kids using it for this purpose.
- New data this quarter (April – June 2019) also shows 15% of 4-6-year-olds have purchased toys relating to their favourite YouTuber.
To download a complimentary Kids Insights report click below: